We all use hundreds – even thousands – of goods each day. When these items cause harm, our dangerous product liability lawyers in Columbia at Rikard & Protopapas can help you seek compensation.
You may qualify to receive a monetary payment when you are harmed by an item that was supposed to be safe. Our lawyers help people who have been hurt to recover monetary compensation for their injuries. Contact us today to talk about your case and begin.
Attorneys for Victims of Dangerous Products
Our lawyers for product liability in Columbia, SC represent people who are injured. It’s important to know:
- In South Carolina, manufacturers are liable for the products they sell.
- A product may be dangerous because it has a manufacturing defect or because it has a poor design. It may also be dangerous because of inadequate warnings for use, poor instructions, or a bad product description.
- Legal liability may exist when a dangerous product hurts someone.
- The type of claim is a civil legal claim. The victim must initiate a claim for compensation.
- Compensation may include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses.
- You may have an attorney represent you in your claim for compensation.
Injuries from dangerous products can be serious, even life-changing. When you have been harmed, you deserve fair compensation. Our lawyers investigate what occurred, build proof of legal liability, and seek the appropriate compensation for the victim.
Types of Products that May Malfunction
Some of the types of products that can cause injury and death are:
- Motor vehicles
- Vehicle components like airbags and tires
- Food and food products
- Sports and recreation equipment
- Medical equipment and supplies, prescription medication
- Power tools
- Personal care and hygiene products
- Home goods and building materials
In our daily lives, we rely on the products we purchase and use. We trust that they’re safe and work as intended. Any product that you use or consume has the potential to be dangerous. A victim may seek financial compensation for their injuries.
Wrongful death representation for defective products
If you have lost a loved one because of an injury from a defective product, we want to help you. Contact us to talk about your situation. We offer compassionate and professional legal representation that takes care of everything. The compensation you receive can be an important part of your healing process. We invite you to contact us to talk about our legal representation for wrongful death from defective products.
South Carolina Product Liability Laws
What is the standard for dangerous product liability in South Carolina?
The standard for a dangerous product in South Carolina is a defective condition unreasonably dangerous to the user or consumer. If dangerous product liability applies, the seller of the product is liable for physical harm to the ultimate user or consumer.
South Carolina has laws creating legal liability for sellers of defective products, S.C. Code § 15-73-10 et. seq. Product liability exists when:
- The seller is in the business of selling the product.
- A product reaches the consumer as expected and without a substantial change in condition.
- Product liability exists despite the exercise of all possible care in the preparation and sale of the product.
Even if the injured person isn’t the one who bought the product initially, and even without any contract, legal liability applies when a product is unreasonably dangerous and causes harm.
What is the legal standard for product liability compensation?
In South Carolina, product liability is strict liability. Proving negligence on the part of the seller is not required. It is enough that the product was too dangerous and that it hurt someone. It’s a strict standard because the seller is in the best position to ensure that their products are safe for public use.
Experienced Product Liability Lawyers
About our experienced product liability lawyers:
- Our law firm focuses on claims that matter to people including product liability claims.
- Convenient location in Columbia, SC with a practice known throughout the region.
- We’ve recovered millions in compensation for our clients through trial verdicts and settlements.
- We understand South Carolina product liability claims, and we’re experienced in courts in the Columbia, SC area.
- There’s no cost to speak to our professionals about your situation. Free consultations are available for all product liability victims and families.
- Consultations are available at our offices, by phone, virtually, in the hospital or anywhere else we can assist you.
- With contingency fees and other fee agreements, we have flexible arrangements that work for our clients.
- Our representation includes investigation, evidence building, legal documents, advocacy, and presentation of your case at trial. We take care of everything and guide you throughout the case.
Our lawyers hold the AV® PreeminentTM rating for professional skills and ethics. We’ve been honored by Columbia Living Magazine as Top Attorney and Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney. Columbia Business Monthly named us among the Legal Elite. We’re members of the Richland County Bar Association and we can accept cases throughout South Carolina.
Representing clients in Columbia, SC
From our offices in Columbia, SC, our personal injury team represents clients throughout the region. We handle claims in the Richland County Circuit Court, Lexington County Circuit Court, and the surrounding courts. We are also admitted in the United States District Court for South Carolina, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. Wherever you need us, we are here to serve you.
We represent individuals and handle claims involving multiple victims. We are happy to speak with you about your circumstances and how we may assist. Call or message us to talk about your situation.
Talk to a Product Injury Lawyer for Free
If you have been hurt by a product, our dangerous product liability lawyers in Columbia want you to get the compensation you deserve. Rikard & Protopapas taking new cases, and you can have a free consultation with our legal team.
Time is limited. Let’s start your case right away. Call or message the Rikard & Protopapas law firm now.